Whitehorse General Hospital has a cafeteria on site, located just past the Medical Imaging waiting area. The cafeteria is open weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. and weekends/statutory holidays from 10 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
There are vending machines located across from the Admitting and Discharge desk.
An ATM can be found across from the Emergency Department waiting room.
Patient rooms come equipped with a television and phone. Please note that only local calls are free of charge.
At this time the Whitehorse General Hospital does not have Wi-Fi access for patients.
Whitehorse General Hospital has a number of policies and systems to help ensure your health and safety needs are met while you are a patient:
- Smoking is not permitted in the hospital or at the main entrance. If you smoke, there is a designated outdoor smoking area adjacent to the elevator #1.
- Use of cell phones may be permitted in the hospital. Check with the nurse first.
- The hospital is equipped with a very sensitive heat and smoke detection system. The system’s alarm will sound if a sensor picks up any sudden rise in temperature or the smallest trace of smoke.
- Whitehorse General Hospital maintains a fragrance-free environment. Visitors and patients are asked to support this policy by avoiding the use of all scented products such as perfumes, hair spray, after shave, etc.
- The hospital is also required to have fire drills at least once a month. If you hear the alarm, do not panic. Your nurse will give you instructions.
- Bed rails are sometimes used for your safety, at the discretion of nursing staff. When your rails are in use, please use your call bell for assistance.
Added to cache at Jun 19, 2013 02:22:28