Home>Coming to the Hospital
View Larger Map
Whitehorse General Hospital is on the Riverdale bus route.
Whitehorse Bus Schedule
Free visitor parking is available in the large parking lot south of the Ambulance Station (Parking lot "B").
There is reserved "handicapped" parking in front of the main entrance of the hospital.
There is a designated RV parking adjacent to the public parking area June 1 to September 30. (Parking lot "A").
Parking / stopping in front of the hospital is for loading and unloading of passengers only.
Family and visitor may be asked to leave at any time due to departmental activities.
Public Visiting hours are from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Please do not wear perfumes, cologne, body sprays, hair sprays or other strong smelling products when visiting any area of the hospital. Many patients and staff have severe allergies to these products. Contact or even sharing the same waiting room with someone wearing scented products may cause their condition to become worse.
Use of Cell Phones
Use of cell phones may be permitted in the hospital. Check with the nurse first.
The Whitehorse General Hospital is committed to family centred care and encourages family and friends to visit. In consideration of the patient's condition, restrictions may apply:
- Children are permitted on the Surgical Unit and the West Unit if accompanied by and supervised by an adult.
- Siblings of the newborn may visit the mother and the newborn on the Maternity Unit at any time when accompanied and supervised by the father. No other children will be permitted.
- Visitors to the Intensive Care Unit must check with the Nurse prior to visiting. Limitations are at the discretion of the Nurse.
- Visitors are reminded that too many visitors may be exhausting for patients.
- Visitors suffering from a cold or the flu are requested not to visit.
- Visitors may wish to call the in-patient Unit prior to arriving at the Hospital to ensure that the patient is feeling well enough to have visitors.
- Visitors are requested to speak to the Nurse if they require a special exception.
- Visitors are requested to support our fragrance free environment by avoiding the use of perfumes, hair sprays, after shaves etc.
- Visitors are also reminded that cell phones are not permitted in the building.
- The Whitehorse General Hospital is a smoke free environment. Visitors are permitted to smoke in the designated smoking room only.
Added to cache at May 25, 2013 04:50:18